What brings people together in life is one of the greatest mysteries. Terry and I met in 1976, and only four months later, were married. Sometimes you just know you’re destined for great things. Through our passion for beautiful clothing, we’ve created the Mister Guy experience .
Now in our 37th year, Mister Guy Clothiers offers some of the finest specialty store shopping in the Midwest. Our clients return to us from around the globe for our approachable charm, tenacious sense of style, and unabashed customer service. Our stylists, many of whom have worked at Mister Guy for more than a decade, impart their own knowledge and professionalism in every interaction.
Each season we curate a collection of clothing and accessories which will enliven your wardrobe. We give a nod to trends, while also engaging the intuitive and timelessness of great style. Your custom tailoring will be the final touch for a complete look that is truly made for you. Visit Mister Guy Clothiers… for a life well made.
Terry and Carla
Meet the Mister Guy Men’s Store team:
– Though he is mostly a man of few words, Terry has a quiet charisma that has permeated through the Mister Guy legacy. After graduating from Mizzou, Terry continued working in men’s specialty clothing. He met Carla in Kansas City while working for Mister Guy, and the two of them moved to open the first St. Louis location. In 1992 they bought out all shares of the company and continue to operate the two St. Louis stores today. Terry’s greatest style influence is the classic elegance of Ralph Lauren. He and Carla have two dogs and two cats, love to catch a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game in the summer, and have the best time giggling at their 1 year old granddaughter, Anais. Their daughter Sarah recently came aboard to the Mister Guy stores as the new Social Media and Marketing Manager.
– While attending college at Mizzou, Doug helped open the Columbia Mister Guy store in 1976. After graduating, he was offered a position at the first St. Louis Mister Guy store, then located in Clayton. Now 33 years later, Doug feels fortunate to have worked with second and third generations of families in the St. Louis community. His dedication compels him to go the extra mile, always, to make the customer look great. He describes his own style as “classic, Italian, prep”. At home he loves to hang with his family, barbeque some St .Louis ribs and watch his feisty Yorkshire Terrier, “Rudy”, run around the yard. Doug makes time every year to watch the Final Four basketball games and catch up with friends at his favorite restaurant, Apartment 2.
– After a long retail road, Holly landed at the Mister Guy Men’s store in 2009 and that’s when she says she “Finally made it home!”. Because Holly is in the business of selling menswear, her men’s style inspirations include Jon Hamm and/or his character “Don Draper” from Madmen, Steve McQueen, and Alexander Skarsgard. Holly has a grey cat also known as “Kitty Friend” who lives on her couch and tries to catch a Blues or Cardinals game whenever possible on her days off. Holly finds the best parts of St. Louis to be the neighborhoods, the people, and the sports!
– With a lifetime of experience in men’s specialty clothing, Danny is a recent addition to the Mister Guy group of stylists. After retiring from a major retail clothing company, Danny got in touch with Holly to let her know that the word “retirement” didn’t really exist for him. Danny describes his style as “modern and updated” and notes his favorite things about life in St. Louis are his family and grandchildren.
– Recently moved back to St. Louis from New York, Jonathan has found Mister Guy after 7 years on Madison Avenue with Paula & Shark, the Italian luxury clothier. Having worked in some of the finest clothing stores in the country, his successful career has spanned several major cities. Jonathan describes his style as “new classic”, favoring modern fits with a Euro flair. After being gone from St. Louis for 20 years, he is looking forward to bringing some of his East Coast style influences back to the Midwest.